Washington DC Area ( Weekly meetings, Satsangs )
Satsang meetings are scheduled on the First and Third Saturdays of every month at 5.30 PM.
Regular Satsang program goes like this:
- 5.30 - 5.45: Reading excerpts from one of the main publications such as “Talks with Sri Ramana Maharshi”, “Day by Day with Bhagavan”, “Letters from Ramanasramam” etc. In addition, devotees read any article of interest from Mountain Path or any other books published by Ramanasramam. Sometimes, the devotees’ own writing based on Bhagavan’s teaching is also allowed.
- 5.45 - 6.20: Chanting compositions of Sri Ramana Maharshi in Tamil and Sanskrit.
- 6.20 - 6.40: Children and adults individual singing of bhajans on Sri Bhagavan written by Bhagavan’s devotees or works of Sri Adi Shankaracharya.
- 6.40 - 7.05: Group singing of Ramana Sadguru song.
- 7.05 - 7.10: Silent Meditation
- 7.10 - 7.25: Another Reading session
- 7.25 - 7.30: Arati (expression of gratitude) with group chanting/singing of Arati songs (Na Karmana and Vazhga Swayam Prakasham)
Satsangs are a hybrid of in-person and virtual meetings. All are welcome.
We celebrate Sri Ramana Maharshi’s Jayanthi (Birthday in December or January), Aradhana (Samadhi in April/May), and Advent at Arunachala (September) each year. These celebrations are held in a large community hall to accommodate more devotees. Programs include readings, chanting, children’s skit on Bhagavan’s teachings, children & adult music, and Arati (expression of gratitude). A sumptuous vegetarian lunch is served to all the attendees. These events are free and open to the public. No registration is required.
Membership to the group is open to all. To join, you may send an email request to:
send an email SriRamanaDC@gmail.com